Re: [TowerTalk] RF in rotor control ?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF in rotor control ?
From: Steve London <>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 07:12:12 -0700
What kind or rotator controller ?  Is it doing some kind of PWM (pulse width
modulation) when it starts and stops the rotator, that is inducing EM fields in
the MFJ voice keyer ?

How close is the rotator controller to the MFJ-434 voice keyer ?

Steve, N2IC

I did a few more tests and seems the problem is when i use the MFJ-434 Voice

In CW no problem. And when I connect the Heil Pro Set direct to the radio
also no problem.

When using the MFJ-434, the radio is activated the first 5-7 degrees of
rotation, stop TX and return to TX in the last 5-7 of rotation.

Maybe something about ground in the MFJ-434, but it is connected to ground,
also the rotor control from one of the screws.