Re: [TowerTalk] RF in rotor control ?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF in rotor control ?
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 10:26:11 -0500
On Nov 8, 2008, at 9:48 AM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:

> Hi Steve,
> Prosistel control (original with PST61D rotor). From control to
> MFJ-434 is 1
> feet.
> I disconected the ground from MFJ-434 to get it longer from
> controller and
> no problem. Seems the problem is when conected to ground!!...

This sounds similar to a problem discussed many years ago about hum
induced in receivers by the TailTwister T2X rotor controller when the
brake solenoid was activated.  As I recall, the "quick" solution was
to switch from the 3-wire power cord plug that was stock on the T2X
box and use a 2-wire adapter or other means of breaking the safety
ground.  I think the person who analyzed the problem back then said
the symptoms indicated a problem with the ham's shack grounding.

Bud, W2RU