Re: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors in rock

To: Dino Darling <dino@k6rix.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors in rock
From: Joe - WDØM <joe@wd0m.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:37:32 -0700
And that would be me.......my tower sits on an above ground concrete
block that is on the surface of my lot.  Reason for that is just 6
inches under the dirt is solid bedrock wherever you choose to dig on my
5 acres.  I had to make an above ground base to hold the tower or do
without.  It's survived 90 mph winds without a problem and been up for 5
years.

You "may" be able to modify my approach for your guy wires, although if
the rocks you propose to use are as massive as you describe, it will
"probably" be there forever......YMMV.

http://www.wd0m.com/

Click on Ham Radio, then Tower Project

Good luck!