[TowerTalk] Help - Stacking various antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help - Stacking various antennas
From: SERGE BERTUZZO <smbertuzzo@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:52:16 -0800 (PST)
Hello everyone! I am seeking some advice on my antenna installation.

I presently have a Glen Martin 9' tower mounted on the roof of my house. I am
using a 8 foot aluminum mast (.25" wall). The mast currently extends
approximately 5 feet above the top of the tower. I have a TA33JR beam mounted
about 1 foot above the top of the tower and 4 feet above that I have a
cushcraft DS3W (30/17/12M)  rotatable dipole. I am interested in getting
involved in 6 meter activity and ideally would like to use a Cushcraft A503S 3
element 6 meter yagi. My first question is, how much separation should I have
between the TA33JR and the 6 M antenna as well as the from the rotatable dipole
to the 6 M yagi? As a follow up question, I would appreciate views as to how
high I can safely go beyond the top of the 9' tower with my mast (again say a
.025" wall aluminium). For your info, there should be no wind loading issues as
the three antennas combined would be less than half of the tower wind loading
rating at 100 mph.

Thank you in advance for your advice and assistance.

Regards

Serge
VA3SB