Re: [TowerTalk] Help - Stacking various antennas

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help - Stacking various antennas
From: "Steve Katz" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:04:29 -0800
Serge, I have the same G-M roof tower and have used a 13' HD mast that extends
about 8-1/2 feet outside (above) the tower, with HF beams on it, just fine.

As you know, the tower's strong and can be climbed.  I'm using the thrust
bearing mounted at the top plate, as I assume you are, also.

Spacing should be 1/2 WL for the highest frequency antenna, ideally: This would
be over nine feet at 50 MHz.  However I've placed 6m beam only 5' away from my
HF yagis and didn't really notice any interaction.  I currently have an M2 6M7
yagi (much larger than the 3L CC) about 5' above my 8L HF LPDA (different
tower) and the 6m antenna pattern is very clean.  If there's any interaction,
it appears to be minimal.