Re: [TowerTalk] 43ft Vertical Feeding Question and Balun type

To:, Rick Stealey <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 43ft Vertical Feeding Question and Balun type
From: Greg - AB7R <>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:19:00 -0500
I have a friend who I helped install one of these antennas along with 32
most of which are ~32 feet...some 60ft.  Your 4NEC does not reflect real life
is seen at the radio end using a 4:1 balun by balun designs.  If I remember
correctly the worst SWR was aroun 5:1 but I don't recall what band that was on.
His tuner allowed him to tune on all bands...except maybe 160.

I know many people say it would be no different than just running a 43ft
wire and employ it in the same fashion....which I suspect is true.  But not
everyone has supports available to install a 43ft vertical wire.  This is where
this stout vertical really comes into play I think.

I don't have one as I do have some supports available.  But if I didn't, I
think I
would try one.

Greg - AB7R
Whidbey Island WA

On Thu Nov 20  7:55 , Rick Stealey  sent: