I have had one of these for several years now and it's worked nicely. I
recall having a problem at first while using a F12 balun. I removed that
and used a simple coax choke balun, and things worked well. Also, I had to
make a larger hairpin (same prox diameter, but one more turn) to get the match
down to a flat 1:1. I later added the "Tornado" which has been exceptional.
Another trick I used (from Tom) was to just lay out a bunch of wire of
various lengths on the ground around the base--not attached to anything. It
seemed to help and I did make my final contacts for 5BWAZ with the antenna.
TowerTalk mailing list