Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Arrest Harness arrest experience

To: "'Drax Felton'" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Arrest Harness arrest experience
From: "D. Calder" <>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:28:11 -0500

>As I was working on my tower today I was thinking these questions:

>Has anyone ever fallen and been "arrested" by their harness?
>If so, what was the outcome?

Yes, at 900ft at 12:30PM doing a nightclimb. It saved my life. I was up 21
and 2 plane rides before I hit the bottom of the tower to start climbing.

>This is a serious question:
>Did the harness crush your male anatomy? Or did it grab around your thighs?

I had it tight as it should be and everything was fine. (except for some
Keep the rear shock pack as high as you can above you to eliminate the
you fall.

>Did you smack into the side of the tower?
>How painful was it?

The only thing was hurt was my wallet. As I learned who I was working for
doing High Intensity
lighting repair at the time was not safe and he didn't care. I left the

73 Dave n4zkf