Re: [TowerTalk] Was "43ft Vertical Feeding Question and Balun Type"

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Was "43ft Vertical Feeding Question and Balun Type"
From: Richard Thorne <>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 18:48:06 -0600
With the CG tuner you would have to take the amp off line manually, then
key your rig so a tune cycle would take place.  I'm sure the tuner
instructions state to do this at low power 10-20 watts.  Most modern
rigs reduce the power when they see a high swr, so you normally wouldn't
have to reduce the power manually.

Once the tuner is tuned you could hit the amp operate/standby switch and
start running with high power.

I would probably forget to turn the amp off in the heat of the moment, I
would rather the tuner interrupt the ptt line so tuning is totally

Rich - N5ZC