Re: [TowerTalk] LM-470 Variations

To: <k6zz@ccis.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LM-470 Variations
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 18:34:06 -0800
I have a 3 page sales brochure on the LM470E put out from First Call
Communications, Inc. who was the sales agency for Paragon Mg.  I
believe Paragon had just taken over the manufacturing.  This brochure
dated 08/07/00 states "...the LM470E has been newly redesigned..." and
"All Tri-Ex towers  as of January 2000 for example use only 60,000 KSI
 yield tubing on legs."  The specification table lists the LM470E at 24 sq
ft in 70 mph winds.

The Paragon mfg literature does not reference the LM470E but calls it
the SKY-470.  However, Karl Tashjian, PE signed the stress analysis
which also lists 24 sq ft in 70mph winds.

There were two companies that briefly built the tower between Paragon
and Tashjian taking over.  I do not have information about the previous
LM470 series towers, but my recollection thinks the rating was 15 sq ft
in 70 mph winds.

k7puc