[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] remote enclosures for electronics

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] remote enclosures for electronics
From: "Perry - K4PWO" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 00:03:37 -0600
List-post: <">>
Another cheap option is to use cold water pipe "tape" heaters.  They are 
current limited so there temp varies some with outside air temp but is 
usually close to 70 degrees under insulation.

73 de Perry - K4PWO

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "jimlux" <>
To: "Richards" <>
Cc: "Gary K9GS" <>; <>; "Tim 
N9PUZ" <>
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 19:38 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] remote enclosures for electronics Re: Was "43ft 
Vertical Feeding Question and Balun Type"
> Get a heater element designed for such things, rather than a lightbulb.
>  They're waterproof, readily available, cheap, and come with built in
> thermostatic controls. McMaster-Carr or Grainger or similar places have
> them.
> Places with cold weather also sell "under hood heaters" for cars.. same
> general idea.


TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>