Re: [TowerTalk] remote enclosures for electronics

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] remote enclosures for electronics
From: Howard Klein <>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:03:31 +0000
HK> Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:40:50 -0500> To:> From:> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] remote enclosures for
electronics> > I have had good luck (admittedly, in a benign climate where the
> temperatures rarely get below zero F or over 100) with large translucent >
plastic tubs made by Rubbermaid - the ones with the opaque lids and locking >
handles. I have had 2 of these hung vertically on the base of my tower for >
several years, covering antenna matching and switching systems mounted on >
aluminum plates cut from discarded traffic signs (available free at my > local
highway department garage). I bring the cables in through a plastic >
refrigerator container lid that is slit and glued with silicone caulk over > a
hole in the bottom. Far from airtight, but rain and snow-proof, a cloth > bag
full of mothballs seems to keep the critters out, and there are no >
indications of any water vapor accumulation. For $3-5 each these > enclosures
  hard to beat.> > 73, Pete N4ZR> >