Re: [TowerTalk] Equalizer Plates

To: Drax Felton <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Equalizer Plates
From: jimlux <>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:15:29 -0800
Drax Felton wrote:
> The instructions with my Rohn equalizer plates say to "Stake All Nuts After
> Assembly."
> What does that mean?  I know to run some wire through the turnbuckles, but
> this is about the nuts holding the turnbuckles to the equalizer plates.
> How do I stake a nut?
Originally, you'd take a chisel and deform the threads on the bolt right
where the nut is so that the nut cannot turn.

These days, it's putting a blob of suitable epoxy on the bolt/nut.

I suspect any decent adhesive threadlocker (LocTite red) would work.

SO would wiring the nut and bolt, if they're appropriately drilled for it.