Re: [TowerTalk] Was "43ft Vertical Feeding

To: "jimlux" <>, "David Jordan" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Was "43ft Vertical Feeding
From: "jbigham2" <>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:55:39 -0600
I found this out trying to use a six foot stainless CB whip with auto tuner
in bed of truck under it.  No mount insulator on the market would withstand
the voltage generated by a 100 watt output radio tuned for 80 or 40 meters
for any length of time until I found delrin machined standoff made by a
fellow who sent me one and the problem is now fixed.  The voltage across the
feed point of a short antenna can be considerable as I discovered.
Gene Bigham KB0GU