Re: [TowerTalk] CDR Rotor Control Box Compatibility

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CDR Rotor Control Box Compatibility
From: Bill Coleman <>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:34:44 -0500
On Sep 10, 2008, at 8:17 PM, Pat Barthelow wrote:

> I have an older, good condition CDR Rotor Control Box, looking for a
> schematic, and
> compatibility information.
> Probably compatible with early HAM-M and maybe later series rotors.
> It is the older Brown plastic, looks like bakelite  sloping, square-
> ish style box, with Vy Large Center= North meter movement, with a
> gold color on the Meter Cover on the bottom.
> Left-Right progressive, self centering lever... first nudge releases
> brake, then full travel, starts rotation.

This is, indeed, a Ham-M control box. It can be used with the Ham
series of rotators, since they are all pretty much identical

CATS has a history page about the CDE series of rotators -

You should be able to find a schematic for both the HAM-M and Ham-II
rotators on the BAMA archive.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901