Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L Tuning - Solved

To: jruing@ameritech.net, w7why@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L Tuning - Solved
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 07:49:17 EST

There is a scenario that you are both correct:

If the large vertical has quite high ground resistance in the beginning,  the
base impedance can actually be greater than 50 ohms. As radials are added,
the impedance will drop and vswr will drop as well. That is until you reach the
 50 ohm point where the vswr will rise as more radials are added.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 12/5/2008 4:13:05 A.M. Central Standard Time,