Re: [TowerTalk] HAM IV Question

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HAM IV Question
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 01:57:58 -0500

Cqtestk4xs@aol.com wrote:
>> Larry K3VX
>>
> It's not too difficult, but it is tedious. When you open  it, do it in or
> in/over a box or tub, else you'll be chasing ball bearings  til the code
> requirement comes back.
> 73,
> Mike  NF4L
>
> That reminds me of the time I opened up a HamM rotor on top of a roof (back
> in the early 70s), not knowing what was inside.  I soon found out....about  a
> hundred or so greasy bearings that rolled down the tile roof in a clatter and
>
> off into the tall grass, never to be found.

That is where BIG magnets come in handy.  I'm not sure of the proper
name for them, but they are cheap to rent and come on a pair of wheels
that let you push (or pull) them around the yard.  I've seen contractors
using them to clean up after a job (particularly roofing or
re-roofing).  It's amazing how well they work. Some can pull a roofing
nail out of 2 or 3 inches of dirt.    Next time you drop your ba...er
bearings you might want to look into renting one.
>  All other rotors have been
> opened up on the bench since then!

Do it over the carpet with your wife watching.  It's a really good
incentive for not dropping any.<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)