[TowerTalk] Rebar Cage Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rebar Cage Question
From: Donald Chester <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 08:21:26 +0000
I have heard it said many times that one should not weld the rebar cage
together, but tie it together using tie wires.  But I have never heard any
explanation of why.

What problems would be caused by welding?  I can't see how such a minor detail
would make any significant difference, but a welded cage is certainly easier to
handle before the concrete is poured in, and less likely to fall apart just as
the  concrete is being dumped.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/

http://gigliwood.com/abcd/