Re: [TowerTalk] Tramming help sought

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tramming help sought
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:28:41 EST

In a message dated 11/23/2008 4:17:52 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I won't bore the?readers with the usual retread questions.?  Already did
the reading etc. and lowered the old beam a month ago.? This is  one on how to
rig the haul line to pull up the 110 lb SteppIr  yagi.

>  The tram line is to be rigged about 3 feet above the  top on the Rohn 45
tower which has a flat top plate.? The boom will be mounted  right above the
top plate.? The tram line is continuous in that it goes thru a  pulley and down
to a 'back stay point'.? Trying to allow the tram line some  ability to move
but direct?most?of the force down the mast to the  rotor.

>  If I can pull the beam up as far as it can get, to  the haul line pulley,
I plan to relax the tram line and let it settle the boom  down where it will
rest on the top plate until I can use other means to raise  it the 6 inches to
the boom to mast plate.

    Sounds good to me.

         For those interested  in more information, I have a chapter from my
way-behind-schedule tower book  with illustrations that I can send you.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH