Re: [TowerTalk] 12-14-2008 update on Palmdale ham radio ban

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 12-14-2008 update on Palmdale ham radio ban
From: "Dave Tipton" <dave@dmtgweb.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:42:07 -0600
Love it or hate it, Gray Davis signed a PRB-1 like law for California in
2003.

The measure won approval of the California Assembly April 10 on a 67-0 vote
and passed the state Senate June 25 on a 38-0 vote. On June 30, the
California Assembly, on a 77-0 vote, concurred with changes in language that
the Senate had made in the legislation.

AB 1228 incorporates the language of PRB-1 into the statutes of California.
It would require any ordinance regulating Amateur Radio antenna structures
not to preclude but to "reasonably accommodate" Amateur Radio
communications, to allow amateur station antenna structures "at heights and
dimensions sufficient to accommodate Amateur Radio Service communications"
and to constitute "the minimum practicable regulation to accomplish the
legitimate purpose of the city or county."

Seems to me, all the hams of Palmdale need to do, is call the Attorney
General and point out that one of their cities is about to break state
law...

http://www2.arrl.org/news/stories/2003/07/15/101/