[TowerTalk] Tram Browning Coax - Thanks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tram Browning Coax - Thanks
From: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 16:55:20 -0600
Thanks to Gary (K9GS), Jim (WB5OXQ), Roger (W7HH) and his other brother
Roger (K8RI) for the info on Tram-Browning's version of LMR-400. Hope I did
not miss anyone.

I was not asking so much from a cost standpoint, it was just that a local
vendor does not handle Times Microwave cable -- only Tram. And I only need a
small quantity. I am a little concerned that more than one person urged
caution when dealing with the center conductor. I have never had a problem
with the center conductor of the Times Microwave version, nicked or not.
Since the "local" vendor is really a couple of counties away, it might just
pay me to stick with Times until I go to that vendor's place for another
reason. I grab a couple of feet to play with at that time. So, for now,
looks like I'll do the mail order route and wait a while to execute my
project.

Larry K5RK
Brazoria County Texas