Re: [TowerTalk] line into trees

To: "norm" <nroch2@cox.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] line into trees
From: "W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 17:41:26 -0600
Norm,
I don't understand what you mean by "coils".  Are you trying to pull a Trapped
Antenna through the crotch of the tree? I have never tried to do that as I
normally only put the "pull up rope" over a tree limb.

Both ends of my trapped dipole are held up by the end ropes that go through a
crotch and then to the base of the tree where I tie it off on one end, and
bungee it on the other.  The bungee is there to provide some give to the whole
arrangement when the wind blows.  The center of the dipole is hung from my
tower and the rope that holds it up has some give, which I use to the same
advantage.

I never let the radiating element of the antenna touch any vegetation if I can
help it.

Clint - W5CPT