Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800SDX Rotator - Motor Connector Query

To: "'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800SDX Rotator - Motor Connector Query
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:17:36 +0000
Not strange at all.  The g-2700sdx and g-2800sdx used the same connectors
with 6 pins and used the 6th pin for the automatic slowdown when you got
close to a stop.  You can actually interchange the g-1000sdx, g-2700sdx, and
g-2800sdx control boxes and they work just fine, the only thing is that if
you have a g-2700 or g-2800 rotor with a g-1000sdx box you won't get the
automatic slowdown feature.  I haven't tried it but I believe the g-800sdx
box is the same as the g-1000sdx and could probably drive the other rotors
just as well.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net