Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: RFI

To: "'Todd Coulter'" <Coulter@bellsouth.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: RFI
From: "Wm. Freddy Curtis" <curtisf@dtccom.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 22:47:03 -0600
Todd,
My Inverted L was much better on DX than my 160 Meter dipole or 160 meter+
loop.  I have worked HI and the VP6 last season.  I have worked numerous
countries in the Caribbean, Central and South America.  I have heard some
Europeans too, but I need to put up a beverage for receiving.  I use the DX
Engineering Radial plate and use outdoor Cat 5E for the majority of the
radials about 20 right now with 8 conductors in each.  The more radials the
better.  All of mine are 1/4 wavelength, but I have read on this reflector
about the debate on length.  I used an 80 meter Inverted L several years ago
and worked Europe, Africa, Australia, and Japan.  So experiment a bit, good
radials and good results! Hope this helps somewhat. There is lots of good
info here on the reflector.  Happy New Year!!
Freddy Curtis - KC4GUG