Re: [TowerTalk] 40-m. 4-Square vs. 40-m. Yagi

To: RLVZ@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40-m. 4-Square vs. 40-m. Yagi
From: "Tom Haavisto" <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 07:05:42 -0500
Hi Dick

I have a shorty fourty at 80 feet.  The biggest thing I find with it
is that it does not cover the whole band, and performance is so-so.  I
set up a single vertical, and like you, found it worked better than
the beam.  I have since upgraded to a four square, and I am very happy
with the performance of the four square - it kills the beam in terms
of performance and bandwidth.  I will probably take the beam down and
do something else with it this summer.

Tom - VE3CX