Re: [TowerTalk] 1/4" EHS Guy Wire

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 1/4" EHS Guy Wire
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:06:51 -0500 (EST)
With all due respect; since Adam not longer has a record of his purchase and
since EHS cable is not listed in the Fastenal catalog, I certainly cannot
recommend that source.

A common error in ham antenna tower installations is the use of inappropriate
guying hardware, often resulting in unsafe  -- even dangerous -- towers.  A
hardware store is almost never an appropriate source of the materials specified
for use on our towers.

For most amateurs, its best to use tower suppliers rather than general purpose
industrial suppliers.  Here are just a few of the many tower suppliers who sell
1/4 inch EHS galvanized guy strand to the ham community:

http://www.texastowers.com/mischard.htm
http://www.aglhamstore.com/towerhardware2.shtml
http://www.tessco.com/products/displayProducts.do?groupId=449&subgroupId=20
http://www.cesco1.com/ProductList.cfm?MainCatagoryID=9932