Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Iron

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Iron
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:37:39 -0600
A gun no matter how high watt isn't any good because the tip doesn't
have the metal mass needed for soldering a uhf male outside.   You'll
never find the big irons at Lowe's or Home Depot.  Berland's House of
Tools has the high watt irons you need, made by Wahl with large
massive tips.  They aren't cheap and they take forever to heat up and
cool down, which is why I usually don't use mine.  I use a torch
instead.    Google Berland's House of Tools.  It may be almost spring
in Peoria but up here we have at least 8 weeks.

73

rob / k5uj