Re: [TowerTalk] 43 foot Vertical

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 43 foot Vertical
From: "Jay" <jayt@arraysolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 09:07:29 -0500 (EST)
"This method is sort of the reverse of the system in the recent NCJ where
Jay, WX0B, made his vertical longer than 1/4 wave so he could cancel the
reactance with a series capacitor. Here you deal with the capacitive
reactance by adding a series inductor and then step up the resistance.

Tod, K0TO"

Tod, you got my article wrong. It doesn't use a series cap but a phantom
cap by shortening the antenna slightly. which allows tuning with a simple
shunt inductor.

Secondly the plot for the ZF-43 is wrong, thanks to the group I will
remove it and publish a new one usning the true UNUN solution with data on
the feedline also used. The vertical should not work well on 160m, no
matter what one does for an RF transformer match.  A tuner at the
feedpoint is always better I would opine.

rgds to the group
Jay