Re: [TowerTalk] wind farms in west Texas and eastern New Mexico

To: "'bill rubin'" <brubin2010@gmail.com>, "'Tom Haavisto'" <kamham69@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wind farms in west Texas and eastern New Mexico
From: "James Chaggaris" <jimc@pwrone.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:51:35 -0600
Greetings,

Wind farms have made my business very happy happy!  That said, they are very
inefficient and not cost effective when compared to coal fired or nuclear
power plants.  Wind power comprises about 1% of the total generation in the
U.S and wind farms typically only operate 30-40% of the time.  If the wind
is blowing too hard, or too light, the operators won't operate the wind
turbines and will leave them in locked position.  One last problem is that
North America does not have enough transmission infrastructure in place to
support the current and future wind farm projects.  This has to be built
before more wind farm projects dot the landscape.  Also, If the U.S.
Government ever stops offering tax credits to wind farm developers, the wind
farms will eventually cease to exist and you could get a deal on a tower hi
hi.

73,

Jim N9WW

James E. Chaggaris
President
PowerOne Corp./PowerOne Environmental
1020 Cedar Ave.
Suite 203
St. Charles, IL 60174
Phn:(630) 443-6500
Fax:(630) 443-6505
Cell:(630) 669-2241
Web: www.pwrone.com

This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or
action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout.