[TowerTalk] FW: Idiom Press RotorCard DXA Installation

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Idiom Press RotorCard DXA Installation
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:21:57 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Hargrave [mailto:w5ifp@gvtc.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 6:22 PM
To: bill rubin
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Idiom Press RotorCard DXA Installation

Tom,

HyperTerminal is a good generic Terminal program and works fine with the
RotorCard.

You may have sent it a command that placed the Pic in neverland. Usually
turning the rotor controller off and let it sit a few seconds will reset it.
Since you did get the version number, that is an indication that you have
two way communications. At least until something went wrong.

There is a small freeware program called LP-Rotor. It is a perfect little
program to test out the card. I have A RotorEZ card in my antenna
controller. Both use the HyGain protocol.

You can get a user/installation manual here:

http://www.telepostinc.com/LP-Rotor-Html/

You can download the program here:

http://www.telepostinc.com/downloads.html

I use Logger32 and the Data Terminal works fine for me. I have macros setup
for rotor testing and calibration. I'm sure other programs would have a
similar capability. LPRotor will command the rotor to selected azimuth
settings and indicate current position.

Good luck.

   * 73's Jim W5IFP *