Re: [TowerTalk] Power poles as antenna supports

To: Michael.Kincaid@l-3com.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Power poles as antenna supports
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:37:42 -0500
Wow .. what an opportunity.

The possibility of moving the FARTHEST poles to your 'yard' for yagis
is good, but I'd use an open-wire feedline and attach it directly to
the near end of that LW.
As for GAIN ... it would have GAIN on all bands from 160m through 10m.
The pattern might be a bit 'hairy' on some bands, but it would exhibit
lots of HUGE lobes in many directions.

Someone with modeling can assist you with the pattern, but I'd use it
starting the first possible day as an end-fed Zepp.

73
Don
N8DE

Quoting Michael.Kincaid@l-3com.com: