Re: [TowerTalk] cage dipole

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] cage dipole
From: Michael Germino <ad6aa@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 10:35:09 -0800 (PST)

I suspect under certain conditions the cage antenna, with a voice mode, will
hear better than a regular dipole.  It would be interesting to compare.  Under
rapid fading the extra wire may act like "diversity reception" even though the
wires are not separated by much.

Just as a Amp will sometimes sound louder than the theoretical increase in
signal strength.  I suspect that sometimes rapid fading can take out a syllable
or two in a word and a Amp or extra wire, as in a Quad can save that syllable.

I said suspect and most certainly didn't say 12db, so take it easy on me.

Mike
AD6AA