Re: [TowerTalk] Pinning my mast in rotator clamp

To: "mrlogs" <mrlogs@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pinning my mast in rotator clamp
From: hdmc38@bellsouth.net
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 00:46:15 +0000
It could be a bad idea depending on what your turning and how high above the
rotor the load is.On the other hand My G-1000DXA has 20' of mast 15' above the
top thrust bearing, 5' above the bearing is a Force 12 C3-S, Then 10' above
that is the M2 6M5X. I thought about it and then went to the golden rule.It has
been up 7 years 5 hurricanes and the mast is still pinned. I did have the boom
on the C3-S turn 30 degrees on the mast in one storm but That's all. You tell
me.

73 Joe K4XZ