Re: [TowerTalk] 75/80 vertical

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k9kl@centurytel.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75/80 vertical
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 06:58:16 -0400
Gregg,

234/f says that a quarter wave on 3.8 is 61.58 feet.

If it were me, I'd start putting in radials, and hook the thing up to
the rig, or
an antenna analyser, to see what you've got.   Worst case, you may
have to
go topside and drop in a 2' piece of tube.

25g should make perfectly fine connection between sections, properly
bolted.
Adding jumpers won't make it measurably better, unless the tower was
painted
before assembly.

I'm considering something similar, here, with 40' of 25g and a 24'
section of 2" mast.

Jim/N2EA

Message: 8