Re: [TowerTalk] 80/160 vertical

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80/160 vertical
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 16:14:23 +0200
I would not use linear loading, not high Q enough and
it will make it lossy compared to good base loading.
If I had a 60ft radiator I would put on top loading
to get it resonant on lets say 2.6 MHz. Then I would
feed it for 160 with a LC network and with as much Q
as possible, on 80 only a capacitor in series would
be needed, probably around 300-350 pF. Then I would
put out as many radials as possible.

73 Jim SM2EKM