Re: [TowerTalk] 'WWV halfwave vertical", was Vertical vs Beam

To: "Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield" <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 'WWV halfwave vertical", was Vertical vs Beam
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 03:53:17 -0400
Interesting prospect,.. . I will research them further, but as I live in
Michigan, and we get some rather serious snow and ice storms, I had
previously considered this in the "quad" beam category and prone to
damage from winter icing.

Are these more durable that way than, say,  quads?   Should I upgrade
their relative potential?

Gary "Joe" Mayfield wrote:
> I suspect the Hexbeam would meet your lightweight, performance above
average requirement.  They claim it can go on a mast.