Re: [TowerTalk] 40m BEAM BOOM

To: <richard@karlquist.com>, <donovanf@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40m BEAM BOOM
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 19:14:26 -0400
Thanks but I've had the dipole element up for over 5 years in King George
County...have had 31 trees blow over but the antenna is just fine so far.

What about the boom question.  Truss connection...all the to the end or half
way...what do you think?

The antenna is on a 110ft crank up.  I have it nested at 65ft just below the
tree tops...seems ok...50 miles south of DC we don't get much ice.  I will
be guying the elements half way out which should benefit the 2" tubing.

73,
dave
wa3gin