Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Question
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 08:36:51 -0500
W5PVR wrote "..... Eznec says I will have a 7:1 SWR.  A 1:1 Balun would
convert that to 50 Ohms with the 7:1 SWR. My question is what happens if
I use a heavy duty 4:1 Balun. "....

Since you are already using EZNEC, why not use EZNEC and add a
transformer.  That will look like an ideal current mode balun.  In
EZNEC, you can also add whatever transmission line you want (including
its loss coefficient), vary its length, and see what that does.  By
doing two plots, one with zero attenuation for the transmission line and
one with the real attenuation, you can subtract the two answers and get
the feedline loss.

Jerry, K4SAV