Re: [TowerTalk] Advice requested --- Eave Mount

To: "Alan NV8A" <nv8a@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Advice requested --- Eave Mount
From: "Perry - K4PWO" <k4pwo@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:58:51 -0500
You will see the type failure Larry outlines if...
1. the two mounts are too close vertically and
2. there is too much mast above the upper mount.
Most of the wall mounts are intended to be used with a single ten foot mast
section.  If you use more mast length then you have to increase the vertical
distance between mounts but about 15' of mast is the maximum (and since more
of it is below the roof line due to the increased mount distance, it adds
little over a single 10' mast).  If you are using a "push-up" mast, you have
to go from ground up resulting in 3 support points (mast over pipe driven
into the ground, first wall mount mid-way up the wall, and upper wall mount
just below the roof overhang).

73 de Perry - K4PWO