Re: [TowerTalk] Wood constructed tower

To: k2vi <k2vi@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wood constructed tower
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:05:07 -0700
This sounds like a windmill/pump that was prevalent on farms when I
was a kid. There are still quite a few of them around. These days the
things are made from steel, but I remember the one on my grandfather's
farm as being made of wood.

This seems quite doable, and shouldn't be too difficult to design. You
might even find plans on the web if you search for the right topic.

On Apr 30, 2009, at 1:38 PM, k2vi wrote:

> Would there be a way to construct a 40' wood tower, The base being
> 10'x10'square and the top at 5'x5' square. Probably 4x4 posts bolted
> together. A ladder made to climb up to the top. Sort of like a WW2
> lookout tower. All pressure treated. I would love this because I can
> then bolt a 5' roof tower on top and maintain the antenna, feedline
> and rotor whenever I want with no help. As I get older i would still
> be able to maintain the antenna and not have to rely on others. Has
> anyone had if inducted this idea. Would be interested to know.
>
> tony k2vi

- Jack Brindle, W6FB