Re: [TowerTalk] SWR QUESTION

To: k2vi <k2vi@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SWR QUESTION
From: Scott McClements <kc2pih@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 16:10:06 -0400
Typically, you aren't going to notice the difference by reducing the
SWR any further. If your radio and amps can tolerate it, then the SWR
is already good enough and there is nothing to gain by trying to lower
the SWR. But, the fact that you have a directional antenna and its not
showing the SWR the manual says you should be seeing means you might
not be getting your monies worth. How is the Front to Rear and Front
to Side ratios? Do they seem up the specifications? If you are also
already happy with that aspect of the antenna, then don't touch it.
But, the SWR not matching what the manufacturer says *could* be an
indication that gain and/or F/R might also not be up to designed
specification.

-Scott, WU2X