Re: [TowerTalk] Amphenol PL259

To: "Roger \(K8RI\)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Amphenol PL259
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 22:54:37 -0400
K8RI: > In all my years I have never seen any one attach a reducer like
that.

Roger, in all your years, you must have seen this procedure in the ARRL
Antenna Book and ARRL Handbook.  A sample of the the reducer installation
diagram and process I'm referring to is exemplified here:

http://www.therfc.com/images/uhfassembly.jpg

And here on slides 9-12...

http://www.emergencyradio.ca/course/Install%20PL-259.ppt

And many other places since the inception of the PL-259 and UG reducer.  My
first knowledge of this ireducer installtion procedure is shown in my 1958
edition of the ARRL Antenna Book and appears to be an insert from Amphenol.
The procedure was likely published well before 1958 and has been used by
thousands of amateurs since.

Paul, W9AC