Re: [TowerTalk] What To Use With Rope Guys

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>, RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What To Use With Rope Guys
From: Bill MacLane <ai4wm@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 16:06:54 -0700 (PDT)
I have used thimbles and eye splices as well as thimbles inside of a small
tightly tied bowline.  The military uses thimbles with crimp ferrules to secure
the rope.  Whatever you use be sure the thimble is held tightly in the rope
eye.  don't just knot the end or tie a bunch of knots.  Each improper knot can
decrease rope strength in half.

Use S-hooks or load rated snap clips to secure the thimble end to whatever the
anchor (guy ring or stake)

73,

Bill

AI4WM