To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 77, Issue 33
From: "Jon Casamajor" <k6el@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 03:14:11 -0000
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 10:36:11 -0400
From: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta4@verizon.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] U S Tower Corp
To: "Tower Talk" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>

Just thinking out loud here and wondering what liability UST would have if
an owner of one of their towers was injured or caused damage to his property
or someone else's property while trying to service his tower after UST
refused to give him information he needed to safely perform that service.

Julio, W4HY

------------------------------

I gave up on trying to deal with them several years ago. I guess they may
have other markets beyond Hams. Their products are great but they seem to
have problems supporting the consumers who use their products.
I bought a Tristao HDX572 some time before US tower.  I found that they
didn't want to offer any help for my tower even though their HDX572, pretty
much an identical design, could use the same bits and pieces.
I guess I can understand the need to sell new towers and do embrace them for
making them but I would think that they could gather more support from the
ham community by embracing the lot of towers that they could service within
their product line.
Maybe they should seek some other legal counsel? Towers are dangerous beasts
to work around and own for sure but as someone mentioned previously, sign a
liability release and be done with it!

Regards,
Jon-K6EL
k6el@comcast.net