Re: [TowerTalk] Advice

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Advice
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 20:36:20 -0700
On Sat, 23 May 2009 17:07:12 -0500, William Osborne wrote:

>I am considering putting up a vertical for 160 (occasionally), 80, 40 and 30
>(if practical).  What would the sage members of this group recommend for
>this application?  I am looking at a Hy-Tower, one of the 43 footers or a
>homebrew sleeve arrangement (still not well defined).

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/LimitedSpaceAntennasPPT.pdf includes several
suggestions, one of which might be useful for you, depending on your real
estate and interests. If you have some skyhooks for wires and space for
radials, an inverted L or Tee vertical can be quite effective.

There's a piece in this month's QST by my neighbor K6MM about a really
compact 160M vertical that he's had some fun with.

73,

Jim K9YC