[TowerTalk] Advice

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Advice
From: "Phil & Debbie Salas" <dpsalas@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 13:39:05 -0500
Jerry - That is a great piece of software.  Thanks for that link.  My worst
case situation is on 160 meters where it looks like I'm marginally OK with
the T400A-2 at 1500 watts when operating CW or SSB (25-30% duty cycle).  But
high duty cycle modes at that power level would definately be a problem.

Phil - AD5X

"I noticed you didn't calculate the temperature rise in the cores.  There
is a very nice piece of FREE software that will do that for an
auto-transformer (or for an inductor, or for any device where the signal
is transferred totally thru core flux).
http://www.dl5swb.de/html/mini_ring_core_calculator.htm
This will give you the temperature rise due to flux.  You will have to
manually add the effect of dissipation due to resistive losses in the wire.
You may be surprised by the answer.  Jerry, K4SAV"