Re: [TowerTalk] Balanced Feedline for Ground Mounted Vertical?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balanced Feedline for Ground Mounted Vertical?
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:49:23 -0500
Hi Andy,

That's a good question and as I am not an expert I can only venture a
guess:   The system might be balanced if the feedlines came away from
the towers' mid-points at a 90 degree angle with the towers, and
extended out away for a significant distance.  That would be a real
expensive pain to construct and maintain.  Also, since the bottom ends
of the Franklins are right at ground level, but the other ends are up
in the air, that unbalances things.  So my hunch is that it made more
sense to come right down the sides of the lower sections. with
unbalanced line.

73

rob / k5uj