[TowerTalk] Changing Rotors in LM-470

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Changing Rotors in LM-470
From: "Bill Gaines AD8P" <ad8p@wcoil.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 08:29:43 -0400
I have an LM470 motorized crank up with the tip over option with it. On a 15'
mast I have a 3L Steppir 11 el  2 meter beam and a 2 el 40. I need to replace
the rotor. How have others done it? When I first installed the rotor there was
nothing in the way. No mast or antennas and it went well. Now with the mast and
antennas in the way do I need to remove them all and start from the beginning?
Once the tower is almost horizontal can I crank it out far enough to remove the
rotor then bring it back before raising it again or will this cause too much
strain on the cable and winch system? My first inclination is to try to slide
the mast and antennas out a couple feet to make room for the old rotor to come
out and a new one to slide in. However if this is more work than detaching all
antennas and working with the bare mast then so be it.

What have others done before me?

Thanks  Bill AD8P