[TowerTalk] US Tower motor belt

To: "Tower" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower motor belt
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:38:14 -0400
After about 12 years, the motor belt on my US Tower MA-770MDP seems to have
loosened up. It's slipping intermittently. I can see a few cracks in the
material, so it's time to replace the belt. Has anyone done this? I haven't
taken the guard cage off for a closer look yet, but I don't see a tension
adjustment. I'm wondering how to get the old belt off and a new belt on with
the correct tension. Does anyone know? Also, is this a standard automotive
part (alternator belt, fan belt), or something I'd have to order from US

73, Dick WC1M