Re: [TowerTalk] optimum vertical length

To: Michael Ryan <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] optimum vertical length
From: jimlux <>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 20:36:47 -0700
Michael Ryan wrote:
> Where did that 12 - 15 ft above a structure come from?  - m

I'm not sure, but you see restrictions of "12 feet above the highest
point of the structure" for all sorts of things, so I suspect the FCC
just adopted it for the old CB antenna rules. I just looked up the newer
rules and it's 20 ft.

The OTARD rules also have the 12 foot limit

Probably comes from some standard structural size for pipe or something.